Sunday, September 14, 2014

The Last Two Weeks

It's been a busy couple of weeks around here.

First, James and I made the big switch and traded our master bedroom with our studio. We had simply maxed out the space in our studio and needed more room. I finally convinced him with a drawn to scale picture that our bedroom furniture would indeed fit in the smaller room. So began the great move. It took about a week to get it all done. I would do what I could get done during the day, and James would help move the bigger stuff in the evenings. We also moved all of Elijah's toys from downstairs and added them to what Elijah calls "our room". He is so excited to have his little corner of this room.

Here are some pictures of the new studio.

After we finished the move, we had about a day of rest before taking off on our first real family vacation. We flew down to San Diego for 5 days. We had a lot of fun!

We arrived on Sunday afternoon, got some lunch at Rudford's, checked into our resort, went swimming and had some delicious burritos at Lalo's for dinner.

The next day, SeaWorld was up first. There was a big debate about going, but we decided that we would regret it if we didn't, and it ended up being the highlight of our trip. We arrived when it opened on Monday morning, and there was barely anyone in the park. It was awesome!

I may or may not have squealed like a little girl upon entering Turtle Reef. Have I mentioned that I like sea turtles?

Look, grumpy turtle!

Sea turtle selfie!

Elijah was absolutely fascinated with the orcas. It really bothered me that they call them "killer whales" as that term has been pretty passé up here in the Pacific Northwest for quite some time. I did enjoy watching the show though.

The next day we headed into Old Town, and had an awesome lunch at Barra Barra. We also did some shopping and headed up to the Totally Thomas store in Escondido. Elijah was in heaven!

On Wednesday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. Elijah particularly enjoyed looking at the panda. It was a hot day, and we all felt pretty melted after a couple of hours, so we headed back to the resort.

After nap time, we went to Mission Beach and hung out and watched the sunset.

Thursday was supposed to be our beach day, but it was hot and we were tired, so it ended up being a rest day for us. We went to Coronado for dinner that night, but the restaurant we chose did not impress us.

Friday was our last day. We checked out and went for breakfast in La Jolla at Richard Walker's Pancake House. We went to a couple of music stores and yarn stores, and then headed for Cabrillo National Monument. Wonderful view of the city!

We headed down to the tide pool area, but the tide was in. We enjoyed watching the waves hit the rocks below us, and the cool ocean spray.

We spent a little time at Spanish Landing Park across the street from the airport before returning our rental car and grabbing dinner in the airport. Elijah was exhausted and was passed out about two minutes after takeoff.

It was a good trip, our only regret is that we didn't stay two days longer and go to the Seahawks-Chargers game today. Go Hawks!

Updated to add... with field temperatures of around 115 degrees, I no longer regret not staying in San Diego for the game... proud to be a weather wimp :)

No comments:

Post a Comment