Sunday, March 17, 2013

Naptime Goals

My Spring Break is two weeks long (technically, one of those weeks is Finals Week, but as previously mentioned, my students elected to do their "final" last Friday, so I'm free!) I've been thinking long and hard about my goals for these two weeks, and here's what I came up with...

1. 6 DIY Tutorials
  • Polymer Clay Keychains/Pendants - DONE!
  • Felt Bus Toy/Pillow  Fabric Covered Button Bracelet - DONE!
  • Crochet Baby Lovey - DONE!
  • Simple Tote/Crossbody Bag
  • Woven Paper Journal Cover I found this nice tutorial instead of doing my own.
  • Crochet Bumble Bee Booties Baby Aviator Hat
2. Read 2 Books - one of my New Year's Resolutions was to read one book per month, and I'm behind, so I would like to get caught up.
  • The Wolves of Andover - Technically, I'm already halfway through this one, but I'm feeling a little "eh" about it, so I haven't been too interested in reading it. I picked it up at the dollar store, and for $1 you can't really go wrong. UPDATE: Finished! Unsatisfying...
  • Under This Unbroken Sky - Another dollar store find that has been sitting on my desk mocking me and my lack of reading discipline. I love reading, but during this season of life, it's been hard to find the time to sit and read without other things reminding me that they need to get done. UPDATE: Finished! Horribly depressing!
  • What's So Amazing About Grace - This is a book I've been wanting to read for a while. I have it on hold at the library, but I've been on the waiting list for like two months now. I'm getting impatient, so I might just buy it and get a jump start on April's book.
3. Household Projects - I need to get those little things around the house that have been driving me nuts done.
  • Rehang the pictures behind our bed. When Elijah was born, we moved our bed over about 4 inches to make room for the crib. The crib is long gone, but a love seat has taken it's place, so our bed is still 4 inches to the right. I never got around to moving the two pictures hanging above our bed 4 inches to the right. That changes soon! UPDATE: Done! Took all of 20 seconds!
  • Sweep out the garage. You get to our garage by driving down a gravel alley, so our garage floor is covered in a layer of fine grit and dust. Time for it to make it's way back outside where it belongs. UPDATE: Done!
  • Make room in the studio/office for all of my yarn so I can get it out of the living room, much to the satisfaction of my husband, I'm sure. UPDATE: Done!
    • UPDATE: I've also deep cleaned the bathrooms, ordered/framed/hung up pictures from Elijah's two year photo shoot, and spot cleaned the carpet
4. Crochet flowers...lots of flowers. I owe my friend, Cassandra, who I mentioned here, four more scarves to make up the difference between the mini photography session we originally booked and the full session we received. She ordered one Fishnet Infinity Scarf with Flower Detail for herself, and three Crochet Flower Scarves (two for Mother's Day gifts, and one for her best friend's birthday). I have already finished the infinity scarf and one of the flowered scarves, but I've been slacking a bit on the other two scarves. I would like to get them done before the end of Spring Break...only 38 more flowers to go. UPDATE: Done and ready to be delievered!

5. Get my hair cut - My mom is coming over to watch Elijah one day this week, so I'm hoping to take advantage of the free time and get my hair cut. It's been nearly 6 months since my last hair cut (yikes!) and nearly 5 years since my last major hair cut (double yikes!), so it's time to chop off some inches. My hair is far too long and too thick, and I just don't have the time or patience to deal with it! In fact, as I type, I'm sitting here with a towel on my head trying to decide if I want to spend 20 minutes to blow it dry and straighten it, or if I just go to bed with wet hair and deal with the curly mop it will become in the morning. Honestly, curly mop is probably going to win out. Since this is the case more often than not, it's time to take off some length.  UPDATE: Tried to make appointment, but my hairstylist is not working the day my mom is coming...so, guess what I'm doing next Sunday! UPDATE: Done!

6. Take a couple of really good naps! - I don't think this needs an explanation :)

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment