Monday, April 8, 2013

Rushing Around

My schedule at work has changed around a little bit this quarter. The union has agreed to let adjunct faculty teach up to 14 credits per quarter (yay!), and I'm currently teaching 13 credits for the first time. I have one 10 credit class that meets everyday for two hours, and one 3 credit class that meets on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays for one hour. I'm looking forward to the paycheck, but my new schedule is taking a bit of getting used to.

I feel like I'm constantly rushing around. I used to have two hours before class and one hour after class to use for planning, grading and errands. That has been cut down by addition of the second class, and I've been trying to figure out how to best use my time. Right now, I feel like I am always rushing from task to task and place to place. This is not a good situation for me, and I know it. So, I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do.

 I've decided to use my two hours before class on Mondays to plan out my entire week. I will put documents into separate folders for each day and add little sticky notes of the things I would like to accomplish on that particular day. That way, all I have to do each day is pull out the papers for that day, make copies, and scan my sticky notes before class. I'm very thankful that I'm teaching one class that I have taught a couple of times before, so there is not a whole lot of prep work. Now, I must rush off to class :) Here's to a more relaxed week! I'll let you know how it works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment