Friday, December 20, 2013

12 Days of Christmas: Day 7 - Last Minute Gift Ideas

Here are some links to some great last minute gifts you can make for your friends and family:

And for those men in your life:
  • A simple crochet beanie in their favorite team colors. It's all blue and green in this house :) Yes, I know, it's my own pattern - shameless plug :)
  • A tie you make yourself. I used a pattern "Father's Day ties" from www.purlbee.com, but the website doesn't appear to be working at the moment, so I can't give you the link. Perhaps you can find another pattern online. I made a couple of these for my husband a few years ago when I was first getting back into sewing. They didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but he was sweet and still wore them. He's a keeper.
  • Or etched beer glasses. My husband would love these! Perhaps I know what else I'm getting him for Christmas this year!

And some of my favorite edible gifts:
  • Pretty much any cookies in a jar gift.
  • Christmas Crack - my aunt makes this every year, but she substitutes Club crackers for the saltines, and sprinkles chopped almonds on top - oh my! Always a favorite gift!
  • Have you ever had chimichurri? It's not my favorite, but our friends, "the chefs", make it and everyone loves it! They refuse to give the recipe, but my husband says this one comes pretty close once you add some minced shallots to it.
Tomorrow, I will show you how I made simple bean bags for my son for Christmas. Another quick and easy gift for a little one in your life. And later on, I'll give you my recipe for caramel sauce - it is delicious and makes a perfect gift! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment