Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Monthly Update: December

Another month, come and gone. Another year, come and gone.

Well, this was an interesting month.

First up, I finished my 12 Days of Christmas Hats series that I began on Black Friday. Since then, I've been working on a new idea for a series of crochet projects. I will tell you more about that soon. I'm pretty excited about it!

I've been on vacation since early mid-December, and have been enjoying my time off for the most part. We had a good Christmas filled with family and friends. We got to watch the Seahawks earn the number one seed in the NFC for the second straight year. Now, we are looking forward to a new year.

One lowlight of this month was needing to put our dog, Lillie, down. She was a good dog, but had been getting progressively more aggressive and violent ever since our house was broken into almost 5 years ago. After she bit our son bad enough for him to need stitches the Friday before Christmas, we made the decision to put her down. (There were other factors involved, including state law, so please no negative comments on our decision.) We will definitely miss her, but it would be a lie if I didn't say I was a little relieved to not have to deal with her trying to attack neighbor dogs all the time. Rest in peace, Lillie. We love you!


Throughout my break from work, I've spent a lot of time working on a reading guide document for The Book Thief by Markus Zusak, which we will be reading in class next quarter. A colleague and I split up the work, and it has been quite the undertaking. I have probably spent at least 15-20 hours working on just my half of the book, but it will all be worth it next quarter when we don't really have to prep or plan anything.

The only other things I've been reading are books on digital photography (to go with my new camera lens and light box), and a comedy book by Sarah Colonna (who is the new fiancĂ© of Jon Ryan, the punter for the Seahawks).

I hope you all had a fantastic holiday season! Check back tomorrow for a review of last year's new year's goal, as well as my goals for 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment